SUMMER FLEET POWER ONLY PROGRAM 2018
LANDSTAR – TPN AGENCY SUMMER FLEET NUMBER (414-768-5557)
Power Only Driver Program Summary:
First and foremost, you must be able to run into California with your
This program starts and ends in Indianapolis, IN and we will try to
help you find a load to get there.
Start date is to be announced, usually the beginning of June.
Program ends around end of August.
This is a forced dispatch all over the country (NO Canada / NO NYC)
1) Dispatch Week is Monday – Sunday.
2) In-Network Days – Driver is Dispatched or Available to be Dispatched.
3) Out-of-Network Days – Time off/Not Available to be Dispatched.
1) Drivers are paid a guaranteed minimum of 2000 miles per week (FOR 7 DAYS).
2) Minimum miles are prorated for “Out-of-Network” days (2000/7=285.71/day).
3) Actual miles and guaranteed minimum miles are reconciled every week.
4) Line-Haul rate is $1.85 per mile. Fuel is on top of that!
5) Miles are based upon the Landstar mileage calculator.
6) The Landstar fuel surcharge is paid weekly on the actual dispatched miles.
7) The fuel surcharge rate is based on the National Average as posted weekly by the DOT.
8) Stops for loading or delivering in transit (extra stops) will be $50 each. There is no additional
compensation for the first pick-up or the final delivery.
9) Drivers will be compensated for the out of route miles to stop at client agency warehouses as
necessary. The stops at agencies will not be considered extra stops unless the van is being loaded or
unloaded at the agency and it otherwise meets the criteria for an extra stop.
10) Drivers will commonly need to obtain tare and gross weight tickets and will be compensated $30
for each set of weight tickets obtained and turned in. If you get weight tickets free at an agent, we still
give you the $30 for them.
11) Tolls or other fees will be reimbursed for actual cost with appropriate receipts where applicable. If
drivers are using a pre-pass toll card, then we expect them to be honest when reporting tolls. We will
check tolls in question.
12) Drivers are responsible for checking in each weekday with operations at client headquarters
and at least twice per week with the Landstar TPN Agency. TPN office number is 414-768-5557.
13) You are paid for all dispatched miles – translation: There is no uncompensated miles with the
exception of personal miles while out of network may be uncompensated. An example is if you empty
in Denver and your next load is in Salt Lake City, you will be paid for those miles, both line haul and
fuel surcharge. THERE IS NO DEAD-HEAD!
14) The destination agents labor crew will be responsible for folding pads upon completion of
delivery. If the Landstar driver is asked to fold pads he/she will be compensated at $20/hour for labor.
The Driver is responsible for submitting labor hours to the Landstar TPN Agency. You MUST be
honest about any hours spent!!
Landstar Drivers receive a 70% rate on their Landstar Truck contract because they are pulling
the clients Trailer. All equipment will be provided by client (furniture pads/straps/ramps,
There is no compensation for waiting time to load/unload.
We will enter one trip per week. Trip will be based on the 2000 mile minimum and you can
draw an advance off of that. Each Monday you will call in to our office and report the actuals
for the prior week (starting point and end point, weight tickets, stops, and any other accessorials).
We will adjust your trip in the system to reflect actuals & invoice the customer by that Weds.
Please keep this in mind when figuring your BCO pay date with Landstar!
If you are interested in signing up for the summer please call or email
Kendra @ email@example.com